Congratulations to last year's winner Matts Eliasson. A very deserving pilot, who has shown his dedication and participation over many years of the Queensland Championships.
The format this year is casual and inclusive. We had a great turnout last year from a range of pilots from those just wanting to fly with their mates, try a new site, or the seasoned salts looking for big distances. It is more about a social flying than making points though.
Rounds will be held in Killarney and Canungra. The 8 days of Canungra cup will also be combined to arrive at the final score to award our champion.
Although each of the two days of each round will be scored , only your best day score from each round will count toward your total.
- Round 1: 17/18 May, Killarney
- Round 2: 19/20 July, Canungra
- Round 3: 16/17 August, Canungra
- Round 4: 13/14 September, Toowoomba
-- Ian McFarlane
Please visit the highclouds competition page for further details as well as past results.
- Mt. Tamborine: Shane Hill 114km (2004)
- Beechmont: Enda Murphy 325km (11.2007)
- Flying Fox: Gavin Zahner 92km (29.10.2008)
- Hinchcliffe's: Shane Hill 131km (14.1.2009)
- Scotsman's: Ian McFarlane 72km
- 4 Mile Lane: Brandon O'Donnell 46km
- First crossing of Cunninghams Gap W-E: Phil Hystek (1995)
- First crossing of Cunninghams Gap E-W: Andrew Horchner (2002)
- Tandem Record: Ian McFarlane 43.5km (31.7.2011)
- "Bolero" Record: Ian McFarlane 55km
- Ian McFarlane + Passenger (31.7.2011) 43.5km from Beechmont on a Topo Map
- Gavin Zahner (29.10.2008) 92km from Flying Fox on a Topo map (tracklog here)
- Shane Hill (20.10.2007) 261km from Beechmont on a Road map and on a Topo map
- Shane Hill (14.1.2009) 131km from Hinchcliffe: Track Log
- Shane Hill (2004) 114km from Tambo on a Road map and on a Topo map